We WRITE you own the COPYRIGHT ©
Copyright, Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and ISBN Numbers – these are often areas of concern for clients and it is important to clarify how these fit in with the ghostwriting process.
Sometimes a client may permit the ghostwriters name to be mentioned.
Once the writing of the book is completed and the client has made payment of all amounts due:
- The copyright will be in owned by the client and he or she will be named as the author
- The ghostwriter will not be entitled to any royalties
- The content of the book and all communication will be treated as confidential
- The client will own all intellectual property resulting from the ghostwriting process
- The client will apply for ISBN and EAN numbers
- The International Standard Book Number (ISBN)is a numeric commercial book identifier which is intended to be unique. The ISBN is assigned to each edition and variation of a book. Wikipedia
- The European Article Number (EAN) is a unique 13 digit number that is used in barcodes to identify products. The EAN number can be found on the packaging of your product and will always consist of 13 numbers. It will never contain any letters.